India offers a variety of legal entities each with special characteristics. Based on it’s needs, in order to establish itself, any business should be incorporated as a legal entity. Subsequently, after being incorporated, there are several regulatory compliances which need to be adhered to in light of the applicable laws.
UJA aims to understand the framework under which the organization operates and provides business consultancy to companies. Based on this understanding, UJA focuses to bring about validation of business plans & implement successful business strategies.
In an ever changing and complex business environment, organizations are constantly striving to innovate, optimize business practices, grow and protect their businesses. It therefore becomes essential for organizations to collaborate with professionals who can offer valuable insights in order to achieve efficiency in terms of improvement in operations; capitalize on opportunities in the given regulatory framework & help deliver better working outcomes.
UJA assists business to ensure the right set up based on type of business and audience the companies wish to target.
Company Secretarial Services
Secretarial Services under Companies Act, 2013 and Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 :
Beginning with the pre-incorporation stage, assisting in incorporation formalities and reporting and filing compliances as required under the Companies Act 2013 and Limited Liability Partnership Act 2008, we at UJA provide seamless advisory and compliance solutions.
- Incorporation & registration of a new company, section 8 companies, limited liability partnership (LLP) in India and outside India.
- Registration of foreign company (Branch Office / Liaison Office / Project Office).
- Alteration in name / object clause of the company , change of status from Public Ltd to Private Ltd and vice – a - versa, increase in authorized share capital, allotment of shares through rights issue/private placement etc., shifting of registered office of company from one state to another / one RoC to another within the same state.
- Conversion of a partnership firm/ limited liability partnerships (LLP) into a company.
- Assisting in making and filing petitions before the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), Regional Director (RD), Registrar of Companies (ROC).
- Preparation of minutes of meeting (MoM), notice and agenda of meeting, resolutions for board meetings, annual / extra-ordinary general meeting & committee meetings.
- Assisting in preparation of various registers like register of members, Register of Transfer, Register of Charges, Register of Director, Register of related party transaction, etc.
- Preparation & filing of various forms prescribed under companies act.
- Liasoning with the officers - ROC, RD and NCLT for obtaining various regulatory approvals.
- Arranging secretarial compliance certificate for public, private & listed companies.
- Assisting in winding up/closure of companies in India.
Under Listing Agreement :
A listing agreement is a basic document which is executed between companies and the Stock Exchange when companies are listed on the Stock Exchange. The main purpose of the listing agreement is to ensure that companies follow good corporate governance. We help as under:
- Assisting in compliance of various Listing Clauses under the listing agreement
- Guiding on compliance of Clause - 49 of the Listing Agreement i.e. Corporate Governance
- Conducting secretarial audit (Quarterly / Half Yearly / Yearly) of listed companies for ensuring listing/SEBI compliances
Under Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Filing of various forms under SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 1997, SEBI Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992
- Advising on various SEBI Regulations like SEBI Takeover Code, SEBI Insider Trading Regulations, SEBI (ICDR) Regulations, 2009, SEBI Portfolio Managers Regulations, SEBI Broker Regulations with respect to IPO, Public Issue, Right Issue, Bonus Issue, Preferential Allotment, Qualified Institutional Placement, Delisting, etc.
- Obtaining various regulatory approvals from SEBI / BSE / NSE
- Assisting in Delisting of Companies from Stock Exchanges under SEBI (Delisting of Equity Shares) Regulations, 2009
Compliances under Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) and with Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Transactions involving foreign exchange are regulated by FEMA and provisions of FEMA need to be complied with as & when applicable. Reporting’s need to be done to the RBI. Our team of professionals with it’s extensive experience and in-depth knowledge provide structured solutions to queries as well as assist in the routine reporting compliances. Our services include:
- Annual filing with RBI
- Intimation to RBI on receipt of foreign remittance towards share capital & at the time of issuance of shares to foreign shareholders
- Preparation & filing of various forms prescribed under FEMA
- Assistance in compounding of Offences under FEMA
- Assistance in the process of voluntary admitting the contravention, pleading guilty and seeking redressal under FEMA 1999
- Representation before RBI
Registration under laws
Obtaining Registrations and Licenses
- Application for Permanent Account Number (PAN) /Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN)
- Registration under Goods and Services Act (GST)
- Import Export Code (IEC Code) and other registrations as may be applicable
- Registration under Shops & Establishment
- Registration under Professional Tax (PT), Provident Fund (PF), Employee State Insurance Act (ESI)
Finance plays a pivotal role for any organization. An organization needs finance to run it’s day – to – operations, expand it’s business operations. The sources of funding are many, however these need to be evaluated keeping in mind various parameters such as – the sector/industry in which the organization operates, the regulatory framework which affects the business of the organization.
Organizations – especially Indian SME’s , startup’s require capital to give impetus to their growing businesses. For this, in order to induce investor’s, the organizations need to ensure that their books of accounts are maintained in accordance with the applicable statutory laws and compliances are duly adhered to. With our team of financial experts, we ensure maintenance to books of accounts, presentation of financial statements as per the applicable standards and also necessary compliances.
Our experts understanding the business needs of the organization assist with selecting the right sources of funding which include :
Debt and equity placement, IPO’s advisory services, project financing, turnaround financing, Venture capital financing, capital restructuring, long term and working capital financing, raising foreign currency loans (including ECB’s), raising private short-term finance from high net worth individuals
In addition to the above, UJA assists borrowers and financial institutions / banks in the settlement of accounts and NPA reduction, suggesting revival and rehabilitation schemes for sick units, including BIFR cases. Representing before Debt Recovery Tribunal Raising resources is a key area of our expertise and we assist in sourcing funds at the most competitive rates.
Strategic decisions are taken by the organizations highest level. A strategic decision has to be well crafted and well structured.
UJA works with top management to help them take decisions to make a business profitable and successful on a wide range of strategic issues like. Strategic advisory includes :
- Advising and executing business restructuring for organizations keeping in mind the tax implications;
- Helping organizations set up business plans in order to minimize tax liabilities within the given regulatory framework;
- Assessing the impact of amendments in law / tax laws of the business of the organization.
- Our advisors are domain specialists who provide the right direction that the management needs to take.
For this, our team of experts work with top management in order to understand the critical aspects associated with business and helps them take informed decisions.
A good marketing strategy is one of the key influential factors to determine the success of any organization. One of the biggest challenges which any organization is faced with is marketing. A good marketing strategy improves the visibility of the organization and helps it make its presence felt in the market. UJA understands this need and assists organization to implement a feasible marketing strategy in line with the organization goals and objectives. Based on the client requirement, UJA helps develop a comprehensive marketing strategy, determining pull - push strategies, GTM (Go To Market) digital marketing. Our teams of professionals develop a viable market strategy consisting of all the 4 Ps – Product, Pricing, Promotions and Place to order. We also assist companies in developing a branding strategy that adds value to the company.
Companies build brands to create a brand equity that has a monetary value. In a competitive market place, the key to long term growth is branding. At the heart of branding is differentiation. UJA’s branding experts assist companies in their quest to grow by advising on branding strategies as a part their strategic long term growth. UJA guides in creating the brand’s roadmap from creating the brand’s DNA.
Digital Marketing encompasses reaching potential or prospective customers through the use of electronic devices or the internet. There is a wide spectrum of tactics by which users can be engaged or potential customers can be attracted through digital marketing.
Digital marketing has been a key to cost effective marketing and outreach. UJA assists in preparing a digital marketing strategy in today’s wired world that includes effective use of various digital marketing components like SEO, social media, ORM, email marketing etc.
Human Resource Management (HRM)
HRM is a strategic approach to effective management of people in any organization. The Human Resource (HR) department in an organization is responsible for overseeing employee benefits, recruitment of employees, training and development, performance appraisals. However, very often for organizations, maintaining an in-house HR department proves to be very complex and hence they prefer outsourcing the HR function. In this way, the organization reduces the business risk and is also cost effective.
In order to cater this need of such organizations, UJA helps companies in develop a comprehensive HR strategy which includes:
- Talent Acquisition and retention
- Training and development
- Performance management
- Benefits and compensation
UJA assists in drafting, structuring & vetting HR policies in line with the organizational goals, preparing tax efficient salary structures, drafting confidentiality and data protection policies of the organization with regard to HR Policies, drafting expatriate employment agreements, advise HR related sensitive terminations and developing strategy and separation or exit of senior management personnel.