GSTN, the company which provides the technology backbone for the Goods & Service Tax, is working in business intelligence and analytics, which includes 360-degree profiling of taxpayers and fraud analysis. We are providing brief update on developments on GSTN portal are as under:-
GSTN has started sharing data with tax authorities on the following:
- Mis-match between figures reported in GSTR-1 & GSTR-3B.
- Mis-match between figures reported GSTR-3B &that computed by the system in GSTR-2A.
- Taxpayers who have generated e-way bill but not filed tax returns.
GSTN has also introduced important initiatives/improvements made for better User experience include among others a Questionnaire for filing GSTR-3B to avoid errors by taxpayers. Other important initiatives/improvements made for better User experience include:
- Option to generate pre-populated Challan by the system to avoid depositing Cash in wrong Head by the taxpayers;
- Introduction of one click Nil return filing;
- Suggested utilization of ITC informed to the taxpayer for discharging tax liability, and Contextual help for GST transactions like Registration, Returns, Payment, etc.
Remark: This step has taken by Government to curb the Tax evasion, and in view of shortfall in revenue from Goods and Services Tax (GST), the government is taking these steps to boost tax mop-up. Further, the taxpayers may receive several notices from Tax department seeking clarification on the mis-match of figures between GST Returns, e-way bills.