Incorporation Setup & Entry
After having completed a preliminary research of the market and gained an understanding of its potential, business owners must feel satisfied and confident before setting up their future operations in India. Once this has been achieved, the subsequent step will be to incorporate the entity in India. Depending upon the objective and goal – business owners can choose to incorporate the form of entity which is best suited to their business needs.
UJA supports businesses to establish their presence in India. We hand hold the management of a company through the initial & preliminary process’ and assist in satisfying all the regulatory compliances ensuring a smooth set up in India.
Our Services include:
- Establishing the business entity including the incorporation and registration of Section 8 companies, Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP), Private Limited companies, Branch Offices, Liaison Offices and, Project Offices
- Assistance in obtaining the various regulatory compliances
- Opening of Bank Accounts
- Advisory under Companies Act 2013, FEMA and other applicable laws
- Complying to the rules & regulations framed under FEMA towards foreign investment.
Joint Ventures, Mergers & Acquisition and Strategic Partnerships
The growth of certain businesses may include business consolidations, divestments, and the formation of strategic partnerships to unlock value and generate shareholder wealth. UJA aims to provide tailor made solutions keeping in mind the various parameters under which the transaction would have to be undertaken. UJA helps dynamic companies across the globe in managing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Divestments and Demergers
- Hive – Off’s & Spin offs
- Leverage buyouts
- Joint ventures
- Internal restructuring of the organization
These require clever navigation of various complex issues including accounting, tax, and regulatory issues. UJA provides services such as enterprise valuation, M&A analysis, debt management, M&A strategy, M&A prospection, expertise buy side - sell side, and funds syndication in order to meet our client’s needs.
Every transaction is unique and comes with its own set of challenges. Thus, they must be analyzed strategically. Our team understands the same and assists with the following –
a. Identifying Potential Synergies:
For any transaction to be successful, it becomes important to identify a suitable partner. Our team understands the business needs of both the entities involved to strategically align their business to help both achieve their long-term business objectives.
UJA ensures transparent business valuations in line with the regulatory requirements, evaluating potential target, structuring & negotiating deals, due diligence, potential buy out and regulatory compliances with various authorities & assisting in Post-Acquisition Services like staffing, taxation, and regulatory compliances.
b. Target / Buyer Evaluation:
UJA helps identify potential targets – both buyers and sellers. Our approach to study and evaluate the target and if assess if the potential target will achieve business objectives. Our services include:
- Analyzing the targets business to provide an insight on its operations to ensure that our clients investment objective would be achieved
- Understand the business of the target to evaluate risks in terms if hidden and contingent liability, probable tax exposures if any which may arise due to any non-compliances in the past, ongoing litigations before the tax authorities
- Analyze the market in which the target operates – its market size and strength, its customer base, products, and pricing
- Understanding the resources and capabilities of the target
- Study the financials of the target to identify and assess its strengths and weakness.
c. Deal Advisory – Joint Ventures / Amalgamations / Demergers
Once potential synergies have been identified and the due diligence of the target has been completed, it becomes imperative to structure the deal in such a way so that it becomes a win – win situation for both entities.
Broadly our services cover –
- Buy side / sell side advisory– help understand the critical aspects which could help improve the quality of the transaction
- Review of the transaction documents
- Ensuring that the transaction is compliant with all regulations
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and assistance in obtaining regulatory approvals
- Tax effective consolidation / restructuring
- Charting and Implementation of the proposed transaction keeping in mind the regulatory requirements
- Identifying and help resolving legal issues
- Post transaction assistance and regulations.
Export & Distribution Networks
UJA is well connected and has set up a network of collaborations with all major trade associations and agencies in India. Through these networks, UJA can assist foreign companies to indirectly enter the market by identifying suppliers, contract manufacturers, and distributors across the country. We perform detailed studies of the potential partners to detect potential synergies which could emerge/arise.
MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. MSME’s are the backbone of a developing economy like India. A company both – in the manufacturing and service line can obtain MSME registration through the MSME Act. Under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, the government has revised the MSME classification.
Understanding this need, UJA also supports organization to obtain a MSME registration.
Under the Startup India initiative, eligible companies can get recognized as Startups by DPIIT, in order to access a host of tax benefits, easier compliance, IPR fast – tracking etc.
Upon incorporation / post – incorporation if the company meets the criteria for DPIIT recognition, UJA assists companies to obtain the registration.