Owing to the various liberal policies, incentives and schemes being introduced by the Government, India is becoming a hub of economic activity. With the “Make in India” initiative, India is now attracting investors from across the globe in almost every sector. However, India has a stringent compliance landscape and every sector comes with it’s unique set of challenges in terms of legalities involved.
Our team of corporate lawyers have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the volatile landscapes under which organizations function and focus on developing sustainable solutions depending upon the requirements of the clients within the given regulatory framework.
UJA caters to clients across various sectors which include - aerospace & defense, entertainment, media & broadcasting, healthcare, food and beverage, real estate, retail, automobile, agriculture, banking, construction, financial services, tourism, education, infrastructure, manufacturing among others.
UJA offers legal services in the areas of Corporate and Commercial Law, Dispute Resolutions, Tax (Direct and Indirect) Intellectual Property Rights, Patent Registration, Copyright Registration, Labour and Employment. The sectors include
We provide legal services in the following areas :
Corporate & Commercial Law
With our expertise and multi-dimensional approach, depending upon the business goals of organizations, UJA advises / assists clients with :
- Business and operational restructuring based on mergers and acquisition/ joint venture/management buy-outs/business transfer and sale of assets in both domestic and cross border transactions.
- Conducting financial due – diligence
- Identifying strategic investors
- Ensuring ongoing legal & regulatory compliances
- Working through dissolutions and winding up’s
- Advising and drafting of various commercial agreements, contracts, MOU’s
- Drafting, vetting and advising of national & international business agreements, license agreements.
UJA advises clients on mergers, joint ventures, acquisitions and sales of controlling interest, minority sales and investment, pre-IPO placements, public takeover offers, hostile takeovers, management buy-outs, business transfers and asset sales in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
We make an endeavor to assist clients resolving their disputes efficiently and cost effectively. Our team of professionals support clients through litigation process and advices on complex issues such as disputes relating to joint ventures, shareholder rights, real estate transactions, tax matters, commercial and infrastructure contracts , company law matters, regulatory matters, securities law matters.
We assist clients in drafting arbitration agreements as well as advice clients o handling arbitration cases relating to commercial contracts, contractual disputes, collaboration disputes, service agreements, supply agreements and the like.
Intellectual Property (IP) is gaining utmost importance in today’s dynamic & competitive environment. With a host of organizations and entrepreneurs, innovating and coming up with path breaking discoveries, it becomes essential to create a right on such IP’s in order to determine a value to give it a competitive and an economic advantage.
Our team of experts have a vast experience and have rendered services to various multi – national corporations in areas of :
- Trademark and names
- Patents (including drafting and filing of patent specifications in all disciplines of science and technology/engineering)
- Internet domain names and internet related IP issues
- Confidential information and trade secrets.
Likewise, we also advise clients on a variety of intellectual property agreements including IP acquisition and transfer related agreements, partnerships/JV’s with an aim to transfer/develop IP, IP related aspects of franchising transactions, IP property agreements. We also conduct due diligence on portfolio of patents, trademarks and copyright works.
Labour and Employment Laws
UJA provides practical & workable solutions on various employment related issues. Our areas of assistance include:
- Reviewing/ drafting employment related agreements, expatriate employment and secondment agreements, data privacy, confidentiality and protection policies
- Non – complete arrangements
- Advise in managing human resource related crises, sensitive terminations
- Advise on employment related issues due to mergers and acquisitions, transfer of business assets, internal restructuring
- Advise on developing strategy/documentation for exit of senior management personnel
- Other regulatory compliances
UJA advises clients on Employment Related Agreements, Engagement of Consultants, Executive Compensation, Statutory Compliances (including Employee Benefits, Maternity Benefits, Statutory Bonus and other Liabilities)